In need of a lasagne recipe? Look no further!
I know there are many types of lasagne, but this is my favorite so far.
What you need:
- Sauce (I use basic tomato sauce)
- Fill (I like meat, but you can easily make it vegetarian)
- Bechamel sauce
- Pasta (home made or store bought)
First, let’s make the tomato sauce.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, cut into dice
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 tbs fresh thyme
- 1/2 medium carrot, shredded
- Two 28-ounce cans whole tomatoes
Follow these steps:
- Heat olive oil in a sauce pan. Add onion and garlic. Cook until soft. Add thyme and carrot, cook until the carrot is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, with the juice, and bring to boil while stirring often. Lower the heat, simmer until thick as hot cereal, about 30 minutes.
You are now ready to make the lasagne
- Add the ingredients you want to the tomato sauce. I use sausage, chopped and cooked, with some salt and pepper.
- Fill the pan with sauce at the bottom. Add a layer of the pasta, bechamel sauce and some cheese. Add another layer of sauce, topped with a layer of pasta and cheese. My pan usually only fits 2 layers. The final layer should be covered in cheese.
- Cook in the oven until the cheese has melted, and is lightly golden brown.