* paid partnerhsip with Picard Norge / AD
Picard Norge to the rescue in a time crunch
I mostly make my food from scratch. But I am very lucky to have the time to do so. Many, or most, of us are very busy and can’t always make dinners that take 4 hours. Or even 1 hour. That’s why I am so glad that Picard Norge opened a store near my house. So far I’ve only encountered high quality frozen foods, and it can be a very good alternative when there are not enough hours in a day.
What You Need
- Skrei (or cod)
- Peas (cooked)
- Parmesan (as much as you’d like)
- Vegetable stock (optional)
- White wine (also optional)
What You Do
- I use vegetable stock and white wine for this risotto, but you can prepare it however you like. I used 2dl risotto rise, 2dl vegetable stock and 2dl white wine. Pour rice and the wine into a pot, then bubble and stir until completely absorbed. Continue cooking like this, adding a ladleful of stock at a time, and stirring continuously until the rice is tender and has a good consistency – this will take 20-30 mins.
- Add the cooked peas to the risotto. I used frozen peas from Picard Norge. With cooked frozen peas I suggest adding them in earlier than if they are not frozen.
- A few minutes before the risotti is ready, add in the parmesan. The risotto should have a creamy texture.
Skrei (or cod)
- I used the frozen cod filets from Picard Norge. There are multiple ways to prepare this, just follow the directions on the box. I chose to boil it without defrosting. If you have time, I would recommend defrosting and then either frying it in a pan or baking it in the oven.
When pairing wine with cod there are many good options. But since I am Piemonte Girl, I have to go with Barbera!